Dundee is a leading shopping destination and north east Scotland’s key centre for retail: voted the UK’s 57th retail centre (out of 1000) . With a complementary mix of national chains and independent retailers, the city offers:
- 1.6million square ft, equating to 569 retail units, within the city centre
- Footfall figures reaching 185,000 per week
- Total spend of £664m
Dundee has a catchment of 640,000 people within a 60-mile drivetime. There are more than 35,000 students – giving Dundee one of the highest ratios of student to resident ratios in the UK, and with over 75 nationalities represented, the city is certainly internationally diverse.
- Murraygate/ High Street – a pedestrianised area with a range of independent and national chain stores, including firm favourites Accessorize, H&M, M&S and Zara
- Overgate – 420,000 sq ft of undercover shopping with a range of brands from Primark and New Look to French Connection and River Island.
- The Wellgate Shopping Centre – 310,000 sq ft of great-value shopping. All under one roof you will find independent and national chain retailers including Bhs, Peacocks and TJ Hughes. The Wellgate launched the innovative and award-winning Project Retail campaign to revitalise the centre’s offering
Out of the city centre:
- Gallagher Retail Park – 135,000 sq ft with anchor national chains including Mothercare and TK Maxx
- Kingsway West Retail Park – 290,628 sq ft featuring big name stores such as Reid Furniture and Tesco Extra
There is a proactive, partnership organisation that offers a platform for discussion and support to businesses within the city centre.
DD One work together to make Dundee a great place to shop, live and work, taking forward key initiatives such as the International Markets, Dundee City Centre Retail Awards and Christmas campaigns.